- ACE Pain-Free Movement Specialist 2018
- ACE Senior Fitness Specialty 2016
- Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Instructor (E-RYT 500) 2008, 2014
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist 2007
- NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist 2007
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer 1996
- Private Functional Movement Coach and Personal Trainer 1996-present
- Yoga instructor 2x/week at Centerline Movement/Rooted 2016-2020
- TRX instructor 2x/week at Centerline Movement/Rooted 2017-2020
- Yoga instructor for Houston corporation 2x/week 2013-2016
- Yoga instructor 3-5x/week at Houston studios for 3+ years prior to creating a full-time private client practice in Houston 2011-present
- Personal trainer who worked alongside physical therapists at Balanced Physical Therapy in NC transitioning clients back to full functional fitness 2005-2011
- Yoga instructor 3x/week at Balanced Movement Studio in NC 2008-2011
Specialty client base has included athletes, people with chronic and acute injuries, postural concerns, low back, knee & hip pain, osteoporosis or osteopenia, aging population and physical balance challenges.
Special interests and studies in yoga or movement: Restorative yoga; fascia and how emotions are held in the tissues; yoga for Recovery (Y12SR Leadership Training), yoga for osteoporosis; movement that supports extending function in daily life!
Athletic Career: Member of the US National Field Hockey Team 1992-1994; Division I collegiate field hockey player at UNC-Chapel Hill 1989-1992; NCAA Woman of the Year for UNC 1992; ACC Player of the Year 1992; 2-time All-American, 2-time All-ACC; Division I National Championship 1989, attended Final Four all four years.
Coaching and Mindfulness Meditation Training & Experience
- Duke Integrative Health Coach 2011
- Holistic Life Coach 2007
- Volunteer Mindfulness Meditation teacher for students at Wilson Montessori in Houston 2013-2016
- Completed Mindful Schools curriculum training course for grades K-12 2015
- Mindfulness meditation instructor at a local studio 2x/weekly in Houston 2012-2013
- Teacher of 10+ specialty workshops and 5+ mindful weekend retreats in TX
- Practitioner in weekly mindfulness meditation group in NC from 2007-2011 and attended multiple weekend or day long silent retreats; ongoing personal practice 2007-present
This is just a list of WHAT I’ve done….but it doesn’t really tell you WHO I am. If you want to know more about me and how all of this came together, click HERE for my extended story.