- ACE Senior Fitness Specialty 2016
- Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Instructor (E-RYT 500) 2008-2014
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist 2007
- NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist 2007
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer 1996
- Private Functional Movement Coach and Personal Trainer 1996-present
- Yoga instructor 2x/week at Centerline Movement/Rooted 2016-present
- TRX instructor 2x/week at Centerline Movement/Rooted 2017-present
- Yoga instructor for Houston corporation 2x/week 2013-2016
- Yoga instructor 3-5x/week at Houston studios for 3+ years prior to creating a full-time private client practice in Houston 2011-present
- Personal trainer who worked alongside physical therapists at Balanced Physical Therapy in NC transitioning clients back to full functional fitness 2005-2011
- Yoga instructor 3x/week at Balanced Movement Studio in NC 2008-2011
Specialty client base has included athletes, people with chronic and acute injuries, postural concerns, low back pain, osteoporosis or osteopenia, depression, anxiety, ADHD, physical balance challenges, chronic fatigue syndrome, MS, Parkinson’s, Asperger syndrome, and cancer.
Special interests and studies in yoga or movement: Restorative yoga; fascia and how emotions are held in the tissues; yoga for Recovery (Y12SR Leadership Training), yoga for osteoporosis; movement that supports extending function in daily life!
Athletic Career: Member of the US National Field Hockey Team 1992-1994; Division I collegiate field hockey player at UNC-Chapel Hill 1989-1992; NCAA Woman of the Year for UNC 1992; ACC Player of the Year 1992; 2-time All-American, 2-time All-ACC; Division I National Championship 1989, attended Final Four all four years.
Coaching and Mindfulness Meditation Training & Experience
- Duke Integrative Health Coach 2011
- Holistic Life Coach 2007
- Volunteer Mindfulness Meditation teacher for students at Wilson Montessori in Houston 2013-2016
- Completed Mindful Schools curriculum training course for grades K-12 2015
- Mindfulness meditation instructor at a local studio 2x/weekly in Houston 2012-2013
- Teacher of 10+ specialty workshops and 5+ mindful weekend retreats in TX
- Practitioner in weekly mindfulness meditation group in NC from 2007-2011 and attended multiple weekend or day long silent retreats; ongoing personal practice 2007-present
This is just a list of WHAT I’ve done….but it doesn’t really tell you WHO I am. If you want to know more about me and how all of this came together, click HERE for my extended story.